Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Texas and Connecticut in the house

I was poking around my site numbers tonight and I saw the predictable locations: Silver Spring... DC... Silver Spring... DC... oh look, someone from Laurel. Shocking stuff really. I don't know specifically who these readers are, but I can make some educated guesses and the Florida visit (Hi, Nicole!) is fairly self-evident.

There were a couple that had me completely stumped though: Wallingford, Connecticut and Frisco, Texas. Who are you? Frisco sounded vaguely familiar, but I may have been thinking of Brisco County Jr. or quite possibly even The Count of Monte Cristo. Wallingford I've never heard of before in my life, but I'm sure it's a fascinating place full of... walls. It also makes me think of fording the river in Oregon Trail so I assume you know something of losing oxen where you come from.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say: Hey! There's no reason to be ashamed of visiting my totally awesome blog. It contains at least trace amounts of fun and many words that I claim are hilarious.

If you are long lost acquaintances from my distant Facebooking past, oh dears Wallingford and Frisco, you should definitely let me know so we can rekindle our no-doubt-once-vibrant friendship.

Perhaps you both prefer to remain unspecified readers. I apologize if I've just overstepped some privacy boundary. If you'd like to keep this all hush-hush, you could always call me on my cellphone and whisper your identities to me. No one else would know. I promise.

Of course, if you were random visitors passing through on your way to other corners of the Internet, you most likely will not see this and that is sad. I'm considering making road trips to your respective towns and plastering your public meeting spaces and telephone poles with printouts of my entries and big bold words up top that read, "HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BLOG?"

No comments: